Thursday, October 15, 2015

Unsung Heros Of Mass Production, Great Lookers Category (#1)


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the cliche goes.  Or, as a friend says when someone comments negatively on the appearance of his cars, "You do you, I'll do me."  On the other hand, as my sainted mother sometimes muttered, "His/her taste is in his mouth."

The idea for these posts came to me in (where else?) a parking lot.  These cars are my nominees for great-looking, affordable, vehicles that nobody talks about.  At least, nobody has grabbed my arm and said "Look at that!"  Nor do I recall ever saying anything similar, even though they registered on my radar.  These posts may correct that in a small way: honorable mention by someone, once.

The first couple/few, at least, will be of contemporary or relatively modern cars.  And I will forbear from nominating my own 2005-2009 Mustang and the Generation 8 Honda Civic.  Those cars were obvious choices, but then I would nominate them, wouldn't I?

Other nominees from readers of this blog?  (Or thumbs-down on mine?)

First up: the Generation 7 Toyota Celica GT:




No comments:

Post a Comment