Friday, August 7, 2015

Local Car Show


It has become a running joke between Hotshoe and me that he has rarely met a cruise night he doesn't like, and I've been to my last one.  At least twice.  But when it's in your own town, 5 minutes away, it's hard not to grab your camera for a few snapshots.  The car count was low (20-25).  The rock band was terrible.  I don't want to sleep-walk past rows of open-hooded muscle cars any more.  This may have been my last cruise night. Until the next one that's 10 minutes away.  ;-)


Above and below: The sign next to the For Sale sign, with a picture, is of an intake manifold, "ready to bolt on."
If you have a Vision of a street rod, you can probably buy this one pretty cheap and complete it to taste.
I liked the front wheels, which remind me of the wheels on Altered coupes at the drags in the 1960's.



In 1983, an IROC Z came a poor third to a Toyota Supra and my final choice for a new car, a Mazda RX-7.  The quality of
materials and assembly of the Camaro was... low...  It's still a good-looking car, and I still have no regrets about my
decision 32 years ago.  The fit and finish of this car are very good, and suggest a full restoration.



I'm still a sucker for a C-2.  Independent rear suspension in 1963, followed by disc brakes in 1964.  Now yer gettin' it, GM.

No comments:

Post a Comment