Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last Of This Season's Car Show Pix


There's no particular justification for this selection from among the 250 cars or so that I saw in September, other than I liked 'em.


'65 at the Meadowdale show.

'64 at my local show.  There seems to be a pattern here.  Is Pilote a bigger fan of the Sting Ray than he knew?

I'll have one from Column A and one from Column B, please.

The Porsche is an original, unrestored '73 (except for a repaint), all the more remarkable for having spent its entire
life in the Milwaukee-Chicago area.

If your TC's this pristine, you can wear whatever clothes and hirsuteness you like to a car show...

  Does anyone besides Pilote remember Judson Superchargers of Conshohocken,
Pennsylvania?  Bolt-on, driven by an extra V-belt from the crankshaft pulley.
About 15 lbs. of boost, as I recall.  MGA and VW Beetle applications were,
I think, the most popular applications.  Love the vanity plate!

Pilote's monomania: minimalism.  I think that I think this is the prettiest Ford 3-window I've seen because of the great
looking metallic pewter paint and the lack of flames and pin-striping: Nothin' But The Car.


The fuel injection (Hilborn?) cleans up the top of the engine.

Old-timey circular pedal pads, but they're suspended like modern ones (not pivoting below the floor).  Have you ever
seen a 3-window that looked like it had a comfortable driving position?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really gonna miss the weekly "cruise nights" and car shows the warm months offer. I've got an idea. I'm gonna find a junk yard that let's me wander amidst the sacred burial grounds. Just stop, look at them - especially the older ones in the way back, by the outer fence. They were all young once, and people loved and cared for them. Every car has a story. Try to figure it out.

Post a Comment