Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Oldies Pix (VSCDA Blackhawk Farms Meet #5)


The Jaguar page.  Oddly, there weren't any XK-120's this year.  (I don't recall seeing an E-Type at the VSCDA Blackhawk event since I've been going.  This car is a regular.)


Silly me, I asked if it was an ex-Bob Tullius car, or a tribute.  "There's only one Tullius 12-cylinder, and it's in a
museum in England."


Owner/driver raising the hood at the request of several bystanders.


It has a fairly low speed, lopey, idle and sounds like a small-block American V-8 with a cam in it.  Above 3000 r.p.m. it
sounds exactly like what you see here.  And loud.  This was the only car at the meet that made me ask myself
"Why did I leave my earplugs in the glove compartment?"


True that!  This was inspired by a glancing, but close, encounter with an Armco, backwards, when full throttle was
applied at the apex.  This is the corner of the car that was repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment