Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Oldies Pix (VSCDA Blackhawk Farms Meet #2)


"Head Shots," as my niece with the theater background would say.  These were taken as the cars were entering pit lane at the end of qualifying for the "big bore" class on Saturday.  More pix of some of them will be posted later.


Two years ago, this car sported a rookie's "X" next to the competition numbers.  No longer.


He paddocked with the 240-Z,  not with his 510 peers.  For you BRE 510 trivia buffs, this car is in "Mike Downs
Colors:" blue where John Morton's car was red, and vice-versa.  Nice tribute to a little-remembered car.


Pilote doesn't really need an excuse to put up a picture of an Alfa GTA/GTV,  but, as previously posted, Horst Kwech
was the only Alfiste to give BRE a run for their money in Trans-Am U2L.


No excuses for a Porsche 911 RSR clone pic, either.  The Wyer-Gulf colors on this car have grown on me since I first
saw it a couple of years ago.  The driver has "Michael Delaney" painted over the door along with his own name.
"Steve McQueen is my co-pilot"?


Sunbeam Tiger (Ford 289 V-8).  "It doesn't have enough tire for the engine," the driver told me.  Just the same, he took
it out in the rain on Saturday morning.  "I found a set of mud tires that work OK..."  The car is on slicks in this picture.


This shot was of the cars at speed: "Ahhh... lunch is served..."

4 comments:

Chris said...

The first SCCA event I attended had three Tigers. I thought I wanted one until I saw the Z car. Thanks for the great pictures. I wonder what the Sonnet would like in Gulf colors. :-)

Chris said...

"look like"

Pilote Ancien said...

Some more pix of the Tiger coming up. Engine is a MONSTER. Torque AND revs. Some guy in Minneapolis built it. Driver was smoking everything but the 427 Vette on the straight. Says its a handful, though. (Didn't see him drive the back side of the course.)

Chris said...

Maybe I still want one after all!

Post a Comment