Saturday, September 22, 2012

Last of the Nice Oldies Pix (For Now)


Above and below: Lola T-540 Formula Ford, old enough to run in the Classic class.  Would you drive it into a corner at 110 m.p.h.?  I wouldn't.  But at age 20, I would have.  Happily.  This one is a a rent-a-racer; the owner books drivers easily because they know his standard of preparation.



Bugatti Type 37A replica at a vintage race. 1.5 liter four-cylinder supercharged. 

Above and below: no idea.  It's a LWB Ferrari--that's not the hard part.  The nose and windshield say "Daytona."  The side vents say "330 GT."  The rear says "big-bore 1950's," like a 340.  The notchback roofline says...what?  Did somebody roll a 330 GT 2+2 and have it redone to taste?  If it's a re-body, it's exquisite: check out the surface development, panel fit, and shut-lines.



2 comments:

Watchtower said...

"Would you drive it into a corner at 110 m.p.h.?"

I don't know, but I bet I could drive it into a wall or a sandtrap : )

PA, I'm not up on all these classic sports/race cars, so when I first glanced at that Lola T-540 Formula Ford I thought it was a dragster!

Pilote Ancien said...

That was a REAL lol.

Well, tube-frame race car: ...dragster, sports racer, kart...whatEVAH...

Post a Comment