Thursday, August 2, 2012

100 Best Cars Of All Time

This list, I could quarrel with.  So did some in my little circle.  Bet you could too.  But we disagree on what should be removed, added, or moved up or down the list.  The list was compiled by Edmunds people.

I came to it via a British website.  Their comments on the American sensibility were hilarious.  But then, the Brits brought us the Humber Super Snipe...   Anyway, it's fun, with some surprising and worthy members.  And some...not so much...

http://www.insideline.com/features/the-100-greatest-cars-of-all-time.html

4 comments:

Watchtower said...

Hmmmm, they used a pic of a 1974 SD TA instead of the 1973 Super Duty Trans Am.
I realize the Super Duty 455 was an available option in 74 too, but it had that hideous front end on it.
Shame on you Edmunds!

Pilote Ancien said...

I defer to you in All Things Musclecar and Ponycar. (Noticed your new blogger pic of the Firebird.) And "they're all Smokey and the Bandit to me."

Had to look up the difference in Google Images. What bugs you about the '74--the slope nose?

Watchtower said...

I don't know if I can pin point just what it is about the 74's nose and tail redo that I don't like, but as Mr. Burns (The Simpsons) would say, "You know, I'm no art critic, but I know what I hate".
I feel the same way about the 2010 Mustang's 'redo'.
Whoever gave the ok on that redesign at Ford needs to be given the boot imo.

Oops, I've slipped into a rant : )

Pilote Ancien said...

Bought in 2008 in part because I was afraid they'd change the car.

When I saw it in the mags, and then on the road, it went onto my shopping list right away and stayed there.

The 2013 is even worse than the 2010. Looks like a carp.

Post a Comment